Thursday 4 April 2013

worthiness of your DEGREE?

I've encountered this video few months ago so decided to share it here.

This video is about "is your degree worth the cost" by peter schiff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpwAOHJsxg

I've a lot of thoughts about education and about degree, some question I've always ask myself whenever I see students and this thoughts led me to my friends as some of them are still studying in University. I kept thinking are they studying for the sake of studying or they think that the higher the qualification the more you earn? or is it our culture? everyone must have a DEGREE in order to success in life? There is this story about this person, when he was asked why did he study for degree his answer was "without degree I felt that I've missed something in my life and my friends are all degree holder i don't want to be left out" isn't it interesting? and the most interesting thing is that some of them after they got their degree they got a job in a unrelated field. I've also met a scientist that gave up his high salary position for other job he could have been in a University as a professor teaching his subject but he didn't, interesting huh.

So is DEGREE necessary? In my honest opinion, YES and NO, if you've passion in your studies, in your subject and wants to be the best in your field and YEAH, your degree is worth every cent and this will definitely bring you far. however if you still think that you need a degree to success in life or just get a degree for the sake of getting then.... there are other things you can do in life.

Last but not least your greatest asset is neither your house, your car nor your dollar in the pocket. It's you and your MIND so please take good care of your ASSET and stay healthy stay wealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment